May 24, 2011

Get to know Rachael


This is one of Brandon's favorite pictures of Rachael

A little about Rachael. I was born and raised in a small farming town in Utah and was always found playing games in the fields or exploring my grandpa’s farm with my siblings and many cousins – much of our time was spent outside. As a child I took singing, dance and tap, it was so fun!  I loved school, and was voted as the class-clown or comedian each year in Middle School and High School (I think my family and friends would still vote me as a class clown or comedian)! My Junior and Senior year, I was able to serve on student council and I joined every club possible! I stayed in Utah for college and graduated with a degree in Special Education and Early Childhood Education. I currently work part-time as a Special Education Teacher – it is so fun!! I love that I get to play at work, and I get all holidays and summers off! After we adopt, I plan to continue working part-time and my mother will help out with child care while I am at work. In my free time, I love taking pictures and I have even taken family pictures and baby pictures for family and friends. 


Rachael's Favorites
Favorite movie:  The Holiday 
Favorite TV show: Big Brother and Survivor 
Favorite band/artist: Lenka, Regina Spektor, Lady Gaga 
Favorite food: Pizza, Sushi or anything sweet 
Favorite restaurant: Happy Sumo 
Favorite childhood toy: Barbies or My Little Pony 
Favorite hobbies:  listening to music, watching movies, playing games and bowling
Favorite holiday: Christmas 
Favorite sport to play: Softball or Volleyball 
Favorite sport to watch: I'm not the biggest fan of watching sports on TV, but I like going to baseball or basketball games. 
Favorite season: Spring - because everything is fresh and new!
Favorite classes in school: Childhood development, and education.  In High School I was involved in a lot of clubs too that I loved (FBLA, FHA, Student Council, Choir, Natural Helpers, and D.A.R.E.)


Random Questions
What do you like most about yourself? I'm outgoing and like to have fun! 
If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Aqua or bright pink 
Best vacation you've ever been on: Our honeymoon to Disneyland (so fun!) 
How many siblings do you have? 1 brother and 2 sisters (I am the youngest) 
If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go? I really want to stay in a Disney Hotel at Disneyland or go on a Disney Cruise 
What type of music do you listen to the most? I love, love, love music! I love anything with a good meaning/story or a good beat so I can sing and dance around the house!
When you were a little girl, what did you want to be when you grew up? An animal trainer, teacher and a mom 
What do you do for a living? Part time preschool teacher 
Were you named after anyone? My dad saw the spelling and liked it so I got the name!


What Brandon thinks about Rachael 
What Brandon loves most about Rachael's personality: She is fun and she makes everything around me fun! 
What Brandon loves most about Rachael's looks: I love how beautiful she is. 
5 Words Brandon would use to describe Rachael: loving, beautiful, compassionate, fun and nurturing.

What Brandon has to say about Rachael. I describe Rachael as: loving, beautiful, compassionate, fun and nurturing. Rachael loves getting to know other people and she loves to laugh and makes any situation a fun one! Rachael loves spending time with family and friends, visiting Disneyland whenever she can, and playing any kind of game. Rachael is the love of my life and I'm so lucky to have her!