May 24, 2011

About Us

How HE + ME became a WE (our Love Story)

On December 26, 2008 - I joined ldssingles.com with the intent of getting a life! I had come to peace with the fact that I would never get married, but I wanted a great dating life so I signed up (along with one of my friends)!

I chatted with (and met) a few guys ... nothing more than friends, but it was fun!  Then on December 31st I found this cute guy!

I read his profile and I remember it didn't say a lot but enough to make me interested (and I thought he was CUTE), so I sent him a flirt (smile). He sent a flirt back (hi). I sent him another flirt (wink) and he sent me one back (thinking of you). Wow, this is great!  So, I sent him a message asking him to send me a message.  He did.  I replied.  Another message.  Another reply ... Our messages got longer and longer. Then texting.  Then talking.

Finally I decided:
I like this guy! I  need to meet him a.s.a.p. to find out if we like each other in person before I get my heart broken.

On January 16th
- we had our first date in a public place and I promised my friends and family I would keep texting throughout the night to say I was safe and I gave them all Brandon's phone number too (gotta be safe).  It was the best first date I had ever been on!  I felt like I was talking to an old friend, and felt so comfortable! And... I kissed him at the end of the night!! (1st date - I had NEVER done that before, and I had NEVER made the first move before either!  But - he was a super gentleman and I knew he wouldn't kiss me that night, so I had to take matters into my own hands ... or lips! ;)

... and the rest ... is history!
We fell in love within the next month.  Engaged 3 months after that.  Married 4 months after that. 


...and just after getting married, we got ourselves a "little" puppy named Diesel who is such a gentle giant - and he has a pet of his own, a cat named Lucy.  They sure love each other and we love them!
UPDATE: We no longer have our sweet dog Diesel. We miss him!

And now - we're currently living our Happily Ever After!

... and as part of our 'Happily Ever After' we are hoping to adopt!  I (Rachael) have been diagnosed with 'Premature Ovarian Failure' which is basically early menopause.  I expected from a young age that I would not be able to have children of my own because the women in my family have had difficulty with fertility.  Our family and extended family has been so blessed by the miracle of adoption already, and we are so excited to begin the process ourselves!

Feel free to browse our entire blog to get to know us better (we have a lot of posts)!